TIME FOR THAILAND: MEET-UP #3
TIME FOR THAILAND: MEET-UP #3
"The Future of Education: What did you learn today and how will you use it tomorrow?"
"อนาคตการศึกษาไทย: เรียนแล้ว จบไปจะมีงานทำหรือเปล่า?"
Date: Thursday Feb 22
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Location: True Sphere, 2Fl. EmQuartier, Bangkok
Speaker(s): Mr. Djoann Fal : Co-Founder and CEO at Getlinks, Khun Ekachat Assavarujikul : Co-Founder at SkillLane, Khun Takarn Ananthothai : Co-Founder and CEO at Globish Admission fee: 0,00
About our event
Students will be learning outside, armed with different devices, listening to a teacher of choice. Skills will not be assessed on paper but based on their performance in the field. Welcome to the future of education.
Technology is moving so fast that we don’t know what jobs will be available in the future. But most agree that the current education system, designed in the 19th century, will not help students thrive in the 21st.
In this 3rd edition of our "Time for Thailand" meet-up series, we bring together three veterans in the education and talent sectors from across Southeast Asia, as they share their insights into new technologies, new pedagogies and new opportunities for Thailand and beyond.
- Khun Ekachat Assavarujikul / Co-Founder of SkillLane, Thailand's largest platform for online courses for young professionals
- Khun Takarn Ananthothai / Co-Founder and CEO at Globish, Thailand-based e-learning platform for English language
- Mr. Djoann Fal / Co-Founder and CEO at Getlinks, Southeast Asia's largest tech hiring marketplace
Moderator: Khun Bhisidh Nadee / Business Development Manager of True Incube
The panel session will be conducted in English and take around 1 hour, followed by networking session.
What you will learn from this session
- Current situation: How has the education landscape in Southeast Asia evolved in the past decade? Please share your perspectives from Thailand, or other countries you have had experienced with
- Pain points discussion: Is there a skill-job mismatch? Please share your insights into the state of (tech) talent shortage today and readiness of future pipeline
- Solutions brainstorming: Bridging Thailand's education and talent gap. What needs to be done and how can we drive it together?
Who should attend this session
Discover and meet with some of the Edtech businesses, investors, policymakers, and other like-minded individuals in town.
- *Startups and entrepreneurs* with passionate minds to transform the education and talent sector
- *Ecosystem players* from private and public sectors seeking business development or simply networking opportunities
- *Any interested individuals* wishing to learn more about the education and talent landscape in SEA
18:00 Registration and networking
18:30 Welcome session by K. Thanasorn Jaidee, President of True Digital Park
18:45 Panel discussion
19:45 Q&A session
20:00 More networking
About our speakers
K. Ekachat Assavarujikul / Co-Founder at SkillLane
Ekachat co-founded SkillLane in 2014. Ekachat leads content acquisition and works closely with instructors to deliver the highest quality courses for SkillLane.
Prior to this, he was a senior business consultant at KPMG. He also worked for Endeavor, a non-profit organization supporting high-impact entrepreneurship in emerging markets and Ardent Capital, Southeast Asia’s most prominent operating VC.
He graduated with an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, majoring in Finance and Marketing.
K. Takarn Ananthothai / Co-Founder and CEO at Globish
Troy was elected to be president of AIESEC in Thailand, the world's largest non-profit youth-run organization. As the president, he had managed over 250 Thais and global youths leadership exchanges, represented Thailand in global leadership forum, and ran various voluntary English teaching projects in central and northeastern Thailand.
In 2014, he and AIESEC alumnus found Globish Academia, a fastest-growing online English learning start-up. Recently Troy was selected as youth ambassador to One Young World Conference in Colombia, advisor of Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia Mahidol University, and True Incubation Start-up mentor.
Mr. Djoann Fal / Co-Founder and CEO at Getlinks
Djoann co-founded GetLinks in January 2015. A visionary, start-up guru and proud geek, Djoann is passionate about driving impact and meaningful change in the tech ecosystem. As CEO of GetLinks, he oversees operations across 6 countries, leading a team of over 80 people. He has previously worked as Regional Digital Marketing Executive at Rocket Internet GmBH. Prior to, he served as Marketing Consultant in EY Shanghai. He is a Kairos Fellow, selected to be part of Kairos K50, with 50 most innovative seed-stage companies founded by young entrepreneurs worldwide. He is the Regional Lead for networking event Drinkentrepreneurs across Asia. He is also a founding member of La Pailliase, Europe’s largest biohacking and open-science space.
Djoann holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from EEMI and a Masters in Management from ESC.