True Startup Forum: Connecting Global Possibilities
"As highly potential startup ecosystem : What's the benefits of Thailand exposure to regional and global market?"
Date: Thursday May 17
Time: 16:00 - 17:30
Location: Center Stage Plenary Hall, Startup Thailand 2018, Queen Sirikit Convention Centre
Language: English (มีหูฟังแปลภาษา)
Speaker(s): Dr. Elizabeth Xu / Group Chief Techical Officer at C.P. Group,Dr. John Jiang / Group Chief Digital Officer at C.P. Group
Mr. Adrian Vanzyl / Country Head of GMS at Google Thailand,Dr. Teerapon Tanomsukyut / Chief Innovation & Sustainability Officer at True Admission fee: 0,00
About our event
Thailand is among the countries in Southeast Asia (SEA), the world's fastest growing internet region with an existing internet user base of 260m growing to 480m users by 2020 and SEA internet economy is expected to grow to $200+ billion by 2025, according to Google x Temasek Southeast Asia Digital Opportunity Report.
Thailand ranks as the last country among Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, and Philippines with the lowest number of startups and no unicorn despite Thailand rank as 2nd highest GDP among those countries and with the government vision of “Thailand 4.0”
There's still so much potential in Thailand ecosystem. We need a coach.
We bring together four "global coach" from various multi-national companies from different aspects of tech ecosystem across the world, as they share their insights into their expertise and opportunities for Thailand ecosystem in the regional and global level.
- Keynote : Dr. Elizabeth Xu / Group Chief Techical Officer at C.P. Group
- Fire-side chat : Dr. John Jiang / Group Chief Digital Officer at C.P. Group
- Panel Discussion with
- Mr. Adrian Vanzyl / Country Head of GMS at Google Thailand
- Dr. Teerapon Tanomsukyut / Chief Innovation & Sustainability Officer at True
Moderator: Bhisidh Nadee, Business Development Manager True Incube
The session will be conducted in English and take around 1 hour (1 keynote speaker, 1 fire-side chat, and 1 panel speakers).
What you will learn from this session
- How Standford university contribute to the world best startup ecosystem? Insights into Dr.Elizabeth life journey to become women of the influence in Silicon Valley
- How Sillicon Valley startups exits to large tech companies like Microsoft? Insights into Dr.John's career path from serial entrepreneur to CTO of China Mobile International
- Startup Grand Prix : Where the Thailand ecosystem existing condition of investors, startups, and community leading up to national aspect. How can Thailand grab the opportunity of $200 billion internet economy? What are ecosystem requirement to have Thai startup unicorn?
Who should attend this session
Discover and meet with some of the regional or global startups, investors, influencers, and other like-minded individuals in town.
- *Startups and entrepreneurs* with passionate minds to transform the Thai startups to be regional and global player
- *Ecosystem players* from private and public sectors seeking business development or simply networking opportunities
- *Any interested individuals* wishing to learn more about what can be done to enforce more regional and global mindset to Thailand startup ecosystem
At True Booth, Plenary Hall:
13:00 1-on-1 coaching session and networking
At Centre Stage, Plenary Hall:
14:00 Opening ceremony and speech by Deputy Prime Minister Dr.Somkid Jatusripitak
16:00 Registration and scanning QR code for lucky draw
16:20 Keynote “Talent Factory of Silicon Valley” by Dr. Elizabeth Xu, Group CTO C.P.
16:40 Fireside Chat “The Road to Startup Exits” by Dr. John Jiang, Group CDO C.P.
17:00 Panel Discussion “Startup Grand Prix” by Mr.Adrian Vanzyl, Google Thailand and Dr.Teerapon Tanomsakyut, True Corporations
17:20 Lucky draw sponsor by True Digital Park
About our speakers
Dr. Adrian Vanzyl Google Marketing Solutions, Thailand Country Head, Google Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- CEO, Ardent Capital
- Investor and board members of many startups
- MB BS Hons (Medicine/MD), MD Monash University
Dr. Elizabeth Xu Group Chief Technical Officer, CP Group
- 12 International Awards including; Women of the Influence in Silicon Valley and Female Technology of the Year Award
- CTO BMC, $2B SAAS Company
- Investor and board members of many startups
- Standford university lecturer
- PH.D. Atmospheric Science, University of Nevada, Reno
- M.S. Computer Science, University of Nevada, Reno
- M.S. Atmospheric Science, Peking University
Dr.John Jiang Group Chief Digital Officer, CP Group
- Co-Founder & President, Globe Touch, IOT Platform
- CTO, China Mobile International
- Executive Director, Cingular/ AT&T Wireless
- Doctoral Fellow, AI, Cambridge University
- Faculty Member, Computer Science AI, Imperial College London
Dr.Teerapon Tanomsakyut Chief Innovation and sustainability officer, True Corporation
Dr. Teerapon has experience in management of innovation, strategy, and product development under True Corporation. At present time, he's responsible for corporate innovation and sustainability under True and Charoen Pokphand (C.P.) Group's determination to create digital innovation to drive Thailand 4.0 for Thailand development that is stable, wealth, and sustainable including supporting Thai startup to grow and able to compete globally.